Welcome to Dr. Macklin's Lab!
Paul Macklin is a mathematician and an Associate Professor of Intelligent Systems Engineering at Indiana University. Our lab works to develop data-driven computational systems that can help engineer the behavior of multicellular systems, especially in cancer and tissue engineering.
To advance these aims, our lab is leading developments in the following areas of strength:
- Simulation of 3-D biochemical tissue environments
- Simulation of 3-D tissue biomechanics (coming soon!)
- Simulation of 3-D multicellular systems
- Estimation of cell phenotype parameters from experiments
- Data standards for multicellular biology, and data sharing
- Specific applications in breast cancer, liver cancer, tissue engineering, and other areas
We bring together multidisciplinary teams of clinicians, biologists, modelers, computer scientists, engineers and others to help build and apply these technologies. Together, we're building the digital infrastructure to turn today's science fiction into tomorrow's engineering reality.